Here is a sampling of the tangible support and encouragement that the FCJ has given:
- incentives for the local drug courts;
- GED exams for participants in the Restorative Justice Program;
- gas cards for families using the services of the Children’s Advocacy Center;
- a roll of quarters for laundry for a newly-released individual;
- garden books for The Franklin County Sheriff’s Department library suggested by inmates participating in the gardening program there;
- books for the Changing Lives Through Literature program;
- gift certificates for successful participants in the North Quabbin Womanhood Program;
- incentives, coins, and graduation gift certificates for families progressing in the Family Drug Court;
- mini-grants for individuals who have been victimized;
Most recently, the FCJ has paid a month’s rent for the new North Quabbin Recovery Center. The FCJ also sponsors work-study students for the Court Service Center. And these are just illustrations of the tangible support and encouragement that the Foundation for Community Justice has given.
The Foundation for Community Justice continues to look for new opportunities that support recovery and healing in the Franklin County area. We strive to be good stewards of the donations we receive. We welcome both donations and suggestions for giving opportunities.